WTB LaserDisc XC Single Speed Rear Wheel
WTB’s race proven hoops featuring a 19 millimetre inner hook bead width LaserDisc Cross Country rim, laced with 28 WTB brand double-butted spokes to LaserDisc Lite hubs. This elite-level wheelset combines race-winning acceleration with long-term durability.
- I-Beam: The I-Beam, found exclusively on LaserDisc series rims, was pioneered by WTB in 1994. This distinctive, centrally located vertical support counters spoke loads and provides torsional rigidity.
- Unbendium Bulge: An additional band of aluminium added to the rim’s sidewall that counters torsional, radial and lateral flex. This rib, which replaces the braking surface, provides an impressive boost in strength with a negligible difference in weight. This WTB innovation is found exclusively on LaserDisc series rims.
- GBS: WTB’s proprietary Global Bead Seat design utilizes deeper grooves for the bead seats as well as two raised lips that lock the tyre’s beads into place on the rim. GBS–featured on LaserDisc, SpeedDisc and Dual Duty series rims–holds the tyre firmly in place and greatly reduces the chance of “burping” the tyre off the rim in heavy lateral loading.
- WTB Double-Butted Spokes: LaserDisc wheels are built with top-quality WTB-branded spokes. These premium double-butted spokes are much thicker at the J-bend (the weakest point on the average spoke), yet they still weigh less than standard spokes. WTB spokes are 2.5 millimetres at the elbow, where standard double-butted spokes are 2.0 millimetres at this point. These small differences add up to a stronger, stiffer wheelset.
- Usage: Cross Country Racing
- Weight: 950g
- Rim size designation: 599x19c
- Inner rim width: 19mm
- Holes and lacing: 28 hole Three Cross
- Hub bearings: LaserDisc Single Duty, Stainless Bearings
- Rim & spokes: XC rim, Eyelets, Black 14/15g spokes, Alloy nipples