Surly Ogre Frameset - 2018
Built of 4130 CroMoly steel and based on the tried-and-true geometry of Surly’s venerable Karate Monkey, Ogre is designed to be a platform for exploration, commuting, trailer-pulling, on-road and off-road touring, and just riding along. Ogre features mounts for linear-pull and disc brakes, three bottle cage mounts (the mounts on the top of the downtube allow higher or lower cage placement depending on your needs), ample room between the stays for high-volume rubber up to 2.5˝, and housing guides designed to accommodate three lines which cleanly organise full shift and brake housing.
The frame is spaced for 135mm hubs, with the same rear-loading horizontal dropouts as the Surly Troll. The dropouts feature a derailleur hanger, slotted disc brake mounts, M10 x 1mm threaded holes for mounting Surly Bill & Ted trailer-connecting hardware (or B.O.B. Nutz), and a dedicated anchoring point for a Rohloff OEM2 axle plate. Surly designed a ton of versatility into these dropouts so you can run a singlespeed, internally geared hub or full derailleur drivetrain, with disc or rim brakes, with or without racks and mudguards, with new or older parts, whatever best serves you. The framesets are available in sizes small through XL.
- Wheel size: 29”
- Material: 4130 CroMoly steel
- Mounts for linear-pull and disc brakes
- Three bottle cage mounts (the mounts on the top of the downtube allow higher or lower cage placement depending on your needs)
- Tyre Clearance: Up to 2.5˝
- Spaced for 135mm hubs - rear-loading horizontal dropouts
- Housing guides designed to accommodate three lines which cleanly organise full shift and brake housing
- Suspension-corrected (80mm) fork
- Threaded mounts on fork for mudguards and a rack